Kelly E. Turner, LCSW, QSP
The lead DBT expert at Tampa Bay DBT in Tampa, FL, Kelly E. Turner is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Foundationally trained in DBT in 2004, Kelly was a part of a DBT treatment team at the Retreat at Sheppard Pratt in Baltimore, MD. Kelly has experience working within a hospital setting specializing in treating trauma disorders and children and adolescents in a residential school. She moved to the Tampa area in 2011 and opened Tampa Bay DBT. Since then, she implemented a DBT skills training program in a local residential treatment facility for women, and serves as a board member for the Borderline Personality Disorder Association.
Kelly has been intensively trained in the new evidence-based treatment Radically Open DBT. She has received direct supervision from treatment founder Dr. Thomas Lynch, offers two-hour Intro to RO-DBT lectures for professionals, and has been appointed to an international RO-DBT workgroup for developing treatment adaptations for adolescents.
Kelly has completed the following Behavioral Tech Trainings:
• Skills Training in DBT: The Essentials
• Updates to Emotion Regulation and Crisis Survival Skills in DBT
• DBT for Substance Use Disorders
• DBT for PTSD
• Treating Adolescents with Multiple Problems
• DBT 10 Day Intensive
• Advanced Intensive
Kelly has completed the following additional trainings:
• Prolonged Exposure Therapy 4 day intensive
• Radically Open – Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Disorders of over control 2 day training
• Radically Open DBT: Intensive Training (10-days)
Michael Greaser, LCSW
With twelve years of experience as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Michael has an extensive background helping children, adolescents, and adults in both in-patient and out-patient settings. Within the span of his career, Michael has worked with male youth offenders in a residential treatment facility providing individual, group, and family therapy. He has provided direct therapy to adolescents and adults admitted to an intensive out-patient program. Additionally, Michael has served as the Clinical Director for a treatment program delivering services to severely emotionally dysregulated children placed within the foster care system. Michael is experienced in a number of therapeutic modalities including CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy), developmental play therapy, and REBT (Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy). In an effort to continue providing comprehensive treatment services to those struggling with behavioral, emotional, and social difficulties, Michael has joined Tampa Bay DBT
Michael has completed the following Behavioral Tech Trainings:
• Dialectical Behavior Therapy 5-day Foundational
• Dialectical Behavior Therapy with Prolonged Exposure
• DBT for PTSD 2-day Intensive by treatment developer Martin Bohos, MD
Allison Zangari, LMFT, LMHC, QSP
Allison (Allie) Zangari is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and a Certified EFT Therapist. She has extensive experience helping couples and families navigating high conflict, infidelity/betrayals, divorce, blended families, substance abuse, eating disorders, and BPD with recreating connection, re-establishing trust, de-escalating conflict, and enhancing communication and closeness.
In addition to couples and families, Allie works with adolescents and adults individually who are struggling with anxiety, depression, social difficulties, grief and loss, self-worth, and struggles coping with everyday life or in the midst of life transition. Allison utilizes Emotionally Focused Therapy, attachment theory, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and experiential therapy techniques such as psychodrama.
She specializes in couples with infidelity, addiction, eating disorders – she specializes in families where there are behavioral issues in the children or difficulties with managing parenting, consequences, and communication. Allie also specializes in LGBTQ+ individuals, couples, and families. She addresses the entire family or couple as the “client” and therefore the relationship(s) is the primary area of focus, not just one person.
Allie works with children ages 13 and up, or in the case of family therapy, children ages 7 and up, as well as adults, couples, and families with adult children.
Allison has attended the following trainings:
• RO-DBT One Day Training
• Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy: CORE Skills; 5 Weekends
• EFT and Trauma: Facing the Dragon Together
• Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy: 4 Day Externship
• Healing Broken Bonds and Betrayals: Healing Attachment Injuries in Couples
• Gottman Couples and Addiction Recovery
• Gottman Level 1 Couples Therapy Training
• Emotion-Focused Family Therapy, Level 1 and Level 2
• Motivational Interviewing with Eating Disorders
• Healing Shattered Attachments: Treating Trauma in Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy
Ashton Heckmann, LMHC
Ashton Heckmann is an experienced Licensed Mental Health Counselor. Driven by her desire to help others overcome personal obstacles in their daily lives, she takes pride in providing evidence-based treatment to clients. She was foundationally trained in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) in 2018 and is currently receiving training in Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO-DBT). Ashton has extensive experience working with adolescents in a partial hospitalization setting, and both adults and adolescents in an outpatient setting. She specializes in treating individuals suffering from a wide range of issues including depression, anxiety, mood disorders, behavior and emotional dysregulation, and personality disorders.
Ashton has attended the following trainings:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Foundational Training (2018)
- Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy Introductory Training (ongoing)